The Best Portable Free Audio ConverterFre:ac is one of the best free audio converter and cd ripper with support for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD / PC-BSD built in for various popular formats and encoders.
It converts between mp3, mp4/ m4a, wma, ogg vorbis, flac, aac, wav and bonk formats easily and perfectly.
Fre:ac easily rips your audio CDs to MP3 or WMA files or convert files that do not play with other audio software.
The users can even convert whole music libraries retaining the folder and filename structure. It will automatically query song information and write it to ID3v2 or other title information tags.
free:ac's user interface screenshot
Freeac The Best Free Audio Converter Features
- fre:ac converts freely between all supported formats. freeac can convert any audio formats: MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV and Bonk formats
- Integrated CD ripper with CDDB/freedb title database support. fre:ac can query the CDDB/freedb online CD database to find artist and title information prior to ripping autimatically.
- Portable application, install on a USB stick. fre:ac can be installed on a USB stick or external drive.
- Multi-core optimized encoders to speed up conversions. fre:ac make use of modern multi-core CPUs, so ripping and converting speeds get a real boost, save time and get the job done quickly.
- Full Unicode support for tags and file names. fre:ac can handle not only Latin scripts, but also Japanese, Cyrillic, Arabic or Indian correctly.
- Offers expert options and easy to use. fre:ac's user interface is intuitive with advanced options but easy to use.
- Support multilingual, user interface available in 40 languages. fre:ac's user interface is currently available in 40 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Spanish (Latin American), Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Vietnamese, Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Polish, Serbian, Croatian, Czech, Slovak, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Estonian, Lithuanian, Greek, Turkish, Hungarian, Romanian, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Hebrew, Arabic, Afrikaans, Basque, Esperanto, Galician, Catalan and Valencian).
- Completely free and open source. fre:ac is available for free without any adware or other foul things.